3. An important part of the SPC Program is using data analysis, research and marketing programs to maximize benefits of the Program to Members. SPC takes great care when collecting and using Member personal information. SPC, its subsidiaries and Partners abide to the principles of personal information protection in accordance with the Act: Accountability, Identifying Purposes, Consent, Limiting Collection, Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention, Accuracy, Safeguards, Openness, Individual Access, Challenging Compliance Guidelines.
4. SPC collects certain contact information during registration for the Program. Additional personal information is collected based on Member participation in the Program, including purchase activity, activity through the Websites and related mobile app, and other Member data in accordance with Member Profile selections.
5. SPC uses personal information to admit you to and run the Program. SPC also uses personal information to prevent fraud as well as to research and understand Member interests, so as to more efficiently and effectively communicate Member offers and Marketing offers.
6. SPC and its Partners share personal information in order to run the Program, to prevent fraud, as well as to conduct research and understand Member interests, and to let you know about offers, benefits, products and services that may be of interest to you. SPC’s Partners protect all information provided to them, and use it solely for purposes related to the Program. SPC collects personal information for specific, limited purposes, and does so by fair and lawful means. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, SPC collects the following personal information:
(a) We collect contact information when you register for the Program. This information is used to complete your SPC transactions, respond to your inquiries, and for general marketing purposes, or as otherwise indicated
(b) If you enter a contest or other promotion, we use your personal contact information to administer the contest or promotion including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners;
(c) We collect purchase history and a list of promotions offered to you, in order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop and market better products and services;
(d) We collect, use and store your location history to establish your location, to improve your experience and, from time to time, to send you information, such as offers, that is most relevant to your geographic location;
(e) We may use personal contact and history information from time to time to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to purchases you have made or about SPC’s Partners. If you have given us your prior consent, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the procedure set out in our opt-out policy (see below);
(f) If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy, we keep your contact information on a list so that your request can be honoured. If you complain to any of our departments, we collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, for the purpose of investigating and responding to you; and
9. If additional personal information is to be collected, and/or is to be used or disclosed for other purposes, where applicable, SPC will seek your consent to such collection, use and disclosure.
10. SPC uses various and appropriate technological measures and trains its staff to prevent unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of your personal information. If the information is no longer required, it is destroyed or rendered anonymous in a secure manner.
11. Personal Information needs to be collected and used to maintain you as a Member in the Program; however, once again, you can opt out of the collection and/or use of personal information for other purposes. This includes opting out of receiving marketing materials from SPC and/or its Partners. This can be done by contacting SPC using the information provided below. Additional opportunities may be provided within communications to Members from time to time. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, SPC will not share, sell, rent or trade your personal information with other parties except as provided below:
(a) We may share your information with our Partners–
We provide Partners with information on SPC customers who have purchased or inquired about the services of such Partners. Sharing this information may allow a Partner to contact you. We specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability for the actions of such Partners. While we inform them that they are only permitted to communicate with you for the limited, applicable purposes, we do not have any responsibility for the actions of the Partner.
(b) We may share your information with authorized third party service providers –
(c) We may share your information in a business transfer –
(d) We may share your information for our protection and the protection of others –
12. SPC seeks consent to use your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy. SPC obtains your express opt-in consent to use or disclose sensitive personal information. However, SPC reserves the right to use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law. An individual may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If, for example, you do not wish to receive any Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link in any Marketing Offer, or by direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such communications and all other inquiries related to privacy matters may also be directed to the Operations Department of SPC at:
999 Edgeley Blvd., Unit 1
Vaughan, ON, Canada, L4K 5Z4
All complaints or inquiries further to the SPC’s procedures and practices relating to the handling of personal information will receive a response from the Operations Department in verbal or written form, within five (5) business days upon receipt of a complaint or inquiry.
Purchased, Lost, Stolen or Damaged Membership Cards
13. For details of your SPC Card purchase please send an email to email@example.com
14. SPC does not replace lost or stolen cards, however in the event that your BMO SPC Card is lost or stolen, please immediately notify your BMO branch or call BMO immediately.
15. If you have a damaged SPC membership card, a replacement card may be issued at SPC’s sole discretion.
Termination, Changes and Breach
16. SPC may change these Terms and Conditions, any aspect of the SPC Program including redemption procedures or any benefits in any respect, all without notice and even though changes may affect the availability and specifics of any benefit previously available or potentially available under SPC. For current Terms and Conditions and other Program details and information, visit spccard.ca.